For gamers, the PlayStation 4 (PS4) isn't just a spanking new kit to play games on - there's a social element to it as well. Yes we spend hours playing our favourite games, but when we get that perfect headshot, unlock a new level, or simply run into a weird bug, we want to share it with our friends.
Sony acknowledges this and this is why the PS4 controllers comes with a dedicated Share button. Before you can share screenshots, there's a few things to keep in mind:
- The first time you connect to Twitter or Facebook on the PS4, you need to enter your username and password for services.
- Though Twitter and Facebook let you upload multiple pictures on other devices, here you are limited to uploading only one image at a time.
- In certain situations you may not be allowed to take a screenshot. These include some game opening screens or cut-scenes that maybe deemed as spoilers by developers.
With those disclaimers out of the way, here's how you can share your greatest - or worst - gaming moments with your friends by taking a screenshot on the Sony PlayStation 4:
- Press the Share button on your PS4 controller for at least one second.
- If you want to discard the screenshot, press the circle button on the PlayStation 4 controller.
- To share the screenshot, press the Share button again, choose the Upload Screenshot option.
- Now you can choose which screenshot you'd like to share. Choose the screenshot you want by navigating to the image of your choice.
- You will now be asked to choose which online service you would like to share it to.
- Choose your service i.e. Facebook or Twitter.
- Enter a comment (or not) and select Upload.
That's it, you just shared your first screenshot from the Sony PlayStation 4.